A lifestyle blog about living a life worthy of God's blessing, sharing my experiences as a mom to twin girls, wife, friend, passion-filled individual, and lover of all! Hopefully will bring some cheer to your day!



Monday, February 21, 2011

A Click and a Boom: Story Part 1 of 2

I am going to attempt to keep the story short and simple, so I'm writing this in 2 parts but I'm sure I'll add more over time or my future posts will explain any areas I skipped over, feel free to send me a message if there are any questions you have.

Hubby and I had a plan to have children beginning in year 1.5 of our marriage until year 6 (we are currently in year 4), this will result in 3 kiddos during this time frame. Being the serial planner that I am, I already had the conception dates in mind for all three and their potential birth date, making sure to eliminate the "'ber" months (September - December) so that they are not 1 year behind in school, the Christmas/Thanksgiving period, so that they are not stuck with celebrating their birthdays during the holiday and end up with birthmas gifts (birthday  + Christmas gifts), and our birth months (my husband and I are born in the same month) to avoid celebrating too many parties in one month! Haha, so you get my logic, please don't judge me :-)

Anyway, all this aside, I was beginning to get very excited and started to imagine what our Olives will look like (Olives = our children), I imagined their gender, their names, how we would raise them, how they will have our best characteristics (please Lord!), their personalities etc etc....So year 1.5 came and went, so did year 2, year 2.5 and whoa, no Olives, what is happening here?  I thought it was all supposed to be a click and a boom, but here we are one whole year and nothing? Does this mean I have to readjust my conception plan? We decided to see our Docs, got lots of tests done, we had already started to do all we could to help this click-boom process, this included ovulation charting, basal body temperature checking, lots of vitamins, exercise, diet, reading every article I could find about this process, and yes, praying, praying, and praying. Meanwhile, this was another year gone by (year 2.5 - 3.5) and it was not a very easy one.

With being the positive person that I am, I believed that this would happen very soon, so I stashed up on 20-something pregnancy tests (These things are expensive in the store $9.99-$15.99 each, I'm a bargain shopper, so click here for a deal on pregnancy tests!). So with every odd sneeze, little headache, slight tummy ache, or cough, I would start getting very suspicious, run to my stash and test myself, this must be it, yeah! But on each occasion, I think I must have tested 8 TIMES, they were all negative, ugh! I think I cried the first five times. Thankfully I have a sweetheart of a husband who didn't give me a funny eye, it was all emotion and I think a little bit of fear mixed in, I could almost hear the devil laughing, as if it was a "gotcha" joke....

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment