A lifestyle blog about living a life worthy of God's blessing, sharing my experiences as a mom to twin girls, wife, friend, passion-filled individual, and lover of all! Hopefully will bring some cheer to your day!



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Full Time Working Mommy

Today was my first day back at work after 4 months of maternity leave, I was not sure whether or not to look forward to this day because I was torn between wanting to stay home with my babies and raise them up for the first few years but due to our goals, I had to go back to work for the short-term, I dont know how short this period is, but I'm just going with the flow. I admit it was nice to see my coworkers, I didn't miss them or the 1000 emails waiting in my mailbox but the air was definitely different in a good way. Someone told me that mothers get emotional and cry when going back to work, for some reason I did not. I felt confident in this next step and I did look at the pictures of my girls on my mobile many times during the day, I longed to hug and kiss them!

I have to end it with three things I am thankful for today:

I am thankful for the HR director that got a Mothers room set up just for me, the old one was packed up because we are moving our office location in a few weeks

I am thankful, that I do have a job, coming back to work, I heard of several of my colleagues who were let go from their positions

I am thankful that my babies are in good care at my home with my mother, I don't have to pay dime and most importantly, its someone I can trust

No comments:

Post a Comment